Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Guest Post from Erika: Midwestern Adventure, Part One

Well you already heard all about Part One (San Carlos -> Elko), so I'll just post a few photos to make you really feel like you were there (without the air sickness part).

Here is Peter, flying like a champ. See how he amuses himself? (For a full 20 seconds?) I won't post the picture of him screaming his head off because I still want you to think he is adorable all the time.

Here is Peter, overjoyed to be out of the airplane in Elko. Uncle Dave is herding.

Captured!

Later that evening, Peter enjoyed a spaghetti meal with all of his senses. And I do mean ALL. "What sound does spaghetti make when dropped from six inches above the plate?" Martin's biggest question was "Why the heck do they put spaghetti (the messiest food there is) on kids' menus anyway???" Ok, but it *is* hard to eat spaghetti with just a spoon. Give him a break.

Peter helped Martin load up the plane on Sunday morning as we prepared to fly to South Dakota. The paint job is still pretty cool. We got comments everywhere we landed, almost all positive. Example: "Did Ted Nugent influence the artist?" (from the control tower in Casper, Wyoming). My favorite though, was the negative, somewhere in very rural Wyoming, or possibly Colorado:

Surly gas guy: Well that's an *interesting* paint job you got there.
Martin: Uh, thanks?
Surly gas guy: It wouldn't exactly be *my* first choice.
Martin: Oh, really? What would your first choice be?
Surly gas guy: I think they look best painted white with a little blue stripe.

He warmed up when he saw the faux bullet holes though. Turns out he had the same ones on his truck. Bonding with the locals!


Next post (and I realize this next post will actually appear *above* this post, confusing all of you linear types out there): Home Sweet South Dakota thanks to Briggs Last Chance Garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment