Oops, guess I jinxed it. Nope, no house. Starting over. Square one. Don't even ask. Drat, I wish I still had access to Erika's pictures on her (dead) Mac hard drive. There is a great photo of Erika in her clubbing days, looking rather dazed at the End Up club with her arm slung around best friend at the time Eric Allen Bass. She is wearing a semi-fabulous 90s-era nightclub outfit, purchased in Paris. He is wearing a T-shirt that says in huge block letters: Don't Even Ask. It's a great photo. But I digress.
So tonight it's Manhattans in celebration (???) of starting over, and we had a very close call with the new PC laptop (I know, Andrew, don't even start). This is after the unfortunate demise of the Mac laptop last week after a fight to the death with a martini (Martini, capital M? Hmmm, ex-New York Times copy editor?) Ok, clearly the drink is talking now. Ooops, nope, I don't drink except when Erika or Martin leaves a glass with some whiskey/beer/wine dregs lying around. That stuff is delicious!
At any rate, Erika is swearing to change her return address to Limbo, California until she finds her new dream house. A dream house that Martin actually likes, that is. Not that she is complaining. She continues to be quite enamored with her group of mommy friends in Bernal Heights, and only sometimes complains about carrying a 29-lb toddler several blocks when she finds a parking spot that is only 500 feet or so in elevation change. Damn those San Francisco hills! Well at least it keeps her in shape. And she has recently discovered ANOTHER really wonderful group of mommy friends in Martinez, of all places! Who said the suburbs weren't cool? Maybe we should expand our house hunt...
At any rate, it's a new year, I got some good catnip for Christmas, the Willett GRANDparents are visiting next week, and we are happy, healthy and otherwise well, despite all the house hunting drama (we even made it through the inspection!!!!). So, stay tuned to the blog, and we'll definitely let you know if we find any sunny, mouse-infested apiaries that we decide to purchase in the not-so-distant future. Now excuse me while I appropriate Erika's abandoned Manhattan glass...
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest, I'm much less concerned with your choice of hardware than your tendency to dump good booze into it, which suggests a certain cavalier attitude toward both your hardware and your booze. Martini doesn't take a cap M, by the way, unless it's at the start of a sentence or it's the name of... I dunno, a burlesque performer or something.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the house.
Martin thinks you are wrong (I, Erika, have hijacked his account). So if Martini takes a cap if it is the name of a burlesque perfomer (Martini on the Rocks, Martini LaPlante, Martini Weenie), why is it not capitalized if it is the name of a Drink? Huh?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, *I*, Erika, was not responsible EITHER time for "dumping" booze into my hardware. It was other members of my household who shall not be named...
ReplyDeleteGood day, sun shines!
ReplyDeleteThere have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.
You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]