
Favorite activities continue to be: sleeping...

and eating (not pictured).
Pooping comes in at a close third.
The most notable change from last month is in her vocalizations. They have increased in both variety and frequency. I think I heard her first "aboo" today (my favorite baby word).
Peter, too, has changed a bit in the last month, pushing the limits of both good and bad behavior. For instance, on Friday morning the child retrieved his cooling bowl of oatmeal from the counter, seated himself at the table, donned a bib, and proceeded to finish the entire bowl, unassisted and without complaint (this is somewhat rare). Model behavior! So grown-up! So independent! Same boy actually requested MORE vegetables at dinner. Dream child!
However, this very same child was found, later that evening, dancing on top of the coffee table in a puddle of his own urine. Not just dancing, but *spreading* the puddle with his bare feet to each corner of the table. (Don't worry, future guests, I thoroughly disinfected the table.)
Later, he was discovered sitting on the back of the couch with both feet on the chest of his sister, who was lying on the cushion below. Thai massage or testing how much weight her tiny body could withstand? We will never know because he was quickly snatched away and SEVERELY admonished.
These observations all happened on the very same day. Incredible range of behavior. Parenthood is never boring.
Happily, I have finally trained him to retrieve the cat treats and feed them to me on command. Oh, joy! My hard work paid off!
She's sooooo precious!! What a bundle of joy. Hang in there re Peter. I think it's around this time that he realizes the baby is not leaving and he is going to TEST TEST TEST. If I recall, it will get easier again, at least until #2 starts walking, when all hell breaks loose.
ReplyDelete:-) xo, Karen