Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 14: Flying, flying, flying...West

I have some great pictures to post, but they will have to wait until we get home. A teaser: the 4th corner of the Emerald Triangle is actually in South Dakota! (I'll explain when I post the picture.)

In other news, we are not in Oregon. We are not even in Nevada. We are on Plan C: Logan, Utah, after a too-brief stop in Landers, Wyoming for a truly terrible lunch. Actually we are getting to plan K or L, but who's counting? My poor stomach finally said: "STOP FLYING RIGHT NOW." And so we did! And then we ate Chinese food. Not sure if that was a good idea or not, but after all the Mexican and the meat, and the daily desserts, I needed something different. No wine either. Clean living, people, we are in UTAH!!!

Not much to report -- everyone is well, and we are hoping to make it home two days early (tomorrow) to have some time to decompress before Real Life starts up again on Monday. Unfortunately it is supposed to be 103 degrees in Nevada City on Saturday. Might as well have stayed in ToC. Except that we have a kiddie pool at home. And someone has to put the ice cubes in Pawlene's water bowl.

Alas, poor Martin will not be celebrating his 40th in Oregon with his friends as planned, but he is already planning a weekend jaunt to scratch the Portland itch. I may never get in another small plane again as long as I live (this trip was really very tough on my tummy), but we'll figure something out. I do have to say that those wacky acupressure wrist bands do actually work. They got me as far as they could. And Peter was a trooper today, sleeping much of the way. Vacations are TIRING!

1 comment:

  1. OH BOY! Thinking of ALL of you! UTAH! Oh, where you have landed, Lance went to university. Logan, Utah! I hope you guys are enjoying the downtime. 103' in NC....not my cup of tea! But, kiddiepool will help. When you get in the swing of things, let's chat...catch up....good job on all of your adventures! WOW - impressive Kosinas!!

    ReplyDelete