Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Different Kind of Limbo

Limbo seems to be a big theme in our lives this year. I haven't written in nearly a month because, well, we haven't had much to write about. The days go primarily like this: Martin goes to work, Erika looks for work, I nap (punctuated by brief and occasional bursts of play with my favorite toys). At night, Martin and Erika look desperately for somewhere decent to eat in the West 30s and I nap. Last night they traveled all the way to "The Northeast Kingdom" in Bushwick for banana cream pie (and some *amazing* lamb sausage) while I napped.

Highlights of the last few weeks:

  1. We found an apartment in the West Village (hurrah!). We move in May 1 and at last I will have some room to stretch out and a variety of places to nap.
  2. Martin has optimized his commute, after trying various combinations of the PATH train, the subway, the ferry, and his feet.
  3. Erika has been dancing once a week at her beloved 5 Rhythms class. For those of you who still are not sure what this means, Wikipedia has kindly provided a hippie-dippie explanation which may or may not make things any clearer for you.
  4. Martin and Erika stumbled upon a free preview showing of "Hot Fuzz", the new film by the makers of the brilliant "Sean of the Dead". They even got to ask the director and writer questions afterwards!
  5. Erika had her first celebrity sighting when Ethan Hawke sat down at her (communal) table at the Cupcake Cafe. [swoon]

That's all the news for now. It's raining hard today, so I think I'll just curl up on top of Erika's suitcase and...nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment