Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rest in Peace, Little Jait

Today our friend Evan told us that his little 2-year-old boy, Jait, died of pneumonia yesterday. We had brunch plans with Evan, Jait, and Evan's wife Siri on Sunday, but Evan canceled because Jait had just entered the hospital. Monday he was gone.

I cannot imagine what Evan and Siri are going through right now - the pall cast over our little home is the merest shadow of their grief. Jait was an adorable, strong, feisty, active little kid. He was the center of their lives. He was just getting started on this life.

Our wishes and prayers go out to Jait's family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry! My first thought was, how can that happen? I always forget how fragile the human body is in so many ways, and how close we are to death. I send every healing thought I can towards your friends. I do not know if anyone actually recovers from losing a child, but I wish them as much support and love as possible. This is truly a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete