Goodness, there seem to be a lot of milestones to celebrate lately.
First and most important, there was dear Uncle Dave's 75th birthday on Sunday, well celebrated (or so I hear) by his lovely wife and devoted children. You should see him chase Peter around! Pretty impressive for someone with three quarters of a century under his belt. The secret to his longevity must be an abundance of thoughtfulness and generosity – a good heart. Either that or it's all the boudin and other questionable French and Swedish and Chinese treats he has consumed over a lifetime of being an adventurous gourmand. Erika and Peter ate dim sum tonight in his honor. Sadly, it wasn't Yank Sing and much of it landed on the floor.
But there are other, smaller milestones happening right here in the Kosina household! For instance, as of this month we have stayed in one spot (one apartment even!) for a record-breaking TWO years, much to Martin's disappointment. Remember the days when we would move every month or six? Sheesh, I for one am glad that is over. Although I do hear rumors about trying to buy a house before the end of the year. We'll see.
Tonight, Martin attended his FIRST football game. I guess he is a real American now. Go niners!
As of this morning, Erika has run 140 miles in preparation for this Sunday's race. Go Erika!
And Peter has finally started to talk. Go Peter! Here is what he can say:
"giggy" (Kitty)
"caca" (car)
"mama" (more - Yeah, Erika thought he was talking about HER for a long time, but finally realized he was referring to her only in the sense that she provides food and he wants MORE MORE.)
"baba" (daddy - the Czech word for dad is "tata" so we may have Peter's first Czech word here...)
"ball" (ball)
"ba" (banana)
"Hi" (hi)
"shoes" (shoes)
"cheese" (cheese)
"ba bye" (bye bye, accompanied by the opening and closing of his hand, approximating a wave)
"baby" (baby)
"NO" (no)
"nonono" (no no no)
"nononono" (no no no no)
It's pretty cute. I'm sure there is more that I am missing (Erika's MOM understood way more words when she was visiting three months ago; Erika is just slow or Peter has become a lot clearer). I'm still trying to teach him a few phrases in cat like "This is your last warning; Leave me alone right now or I am going to scratch you." but the kid is a little slow so I am trying to be patient with him. Peter has turned into a pretty good petter, at least when mom is watching. And when mom isn't watching, well let's just say I am really getting my exercise, running the length of the hallway and leaping over the child gate into the Forbidden Room. I think I've lost weight.
Oh, speaking of losing weight, Erika wanted me to be sure to give a shout out to Peet's on this post, for bringing back the eggnog lattes as of the first of November! One a week, from now until January 1st. Erika is in heaven.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just as well it wasn't Yank Sing dim sum that ended up on the floor, because it would have meant many tears from Erika. And Uncle Andrew.
ReplyDeleteOh, Yank Sing. I miss you. I kind of want to go to SF in January and have some, even.