I haven't been online for a while due to an unfortunate accident with a vase of flowers that Martin brought home for Erika. I thought they were for me, and while I was trying to get a better look at them, I accidentally knocked the vase over onto Erika's laptop. RIP Dell, Welcome Home MacBook! Yes, we've crossed over to the light side. And despite the strange keyboard (I really must get my claws trimmed), it's pretty cool! I'm typing on it right now! Those Apple people seem to know what they are doing in the world of user experience. Yes, I know, I'm like 10 years behind all my cool friends, but hey - I'm just a cat!
In other news, our apartment has been infested (ok, two sightings - one alive, one dead) by "house centipedes". According to the Cornell Cooperative Web site, these centipedes are much scarier looking, but less venomous than their common, outdoor-dwelling brothers. "The house centipede differs ... in that it is fragile, gray to light brown, long legged and about 1 inch in length. It is the only common house infesting centipede. It is sometimes observed running across floors at great speed. House centipedes prefer to live in moist areas, but they forage actively at night and may be found in drier areas of the home as well. They are predaceous, feeding on insects, spiders and other small animals." I think I'm safe, since despite my 3-week diet, at 18.7 lbs I remain solidly in the large animal category.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment